I came in a little over my £250-300 budget. Most of the cost involved was in the materials for the wood bunker or base. Here's a rough breakdown:
- Tonne bag of Sharp Sand
40 breeze blocks (used about 24, I think)
4 bags of cement
2 1800mm concrete lintels
Total £180 from Wickes
- 24x 25mm deep Fire bricks
Total £50 online
- Cobble stones for decorating top of bunker
Total £60 from B&Q
- Most of the footing bricks I had already, so these cost nothing.
- Various tools and extra materials
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: The Clay was FREE - dug up from my garden !!